Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Due Date - Calendar power-up

Hi,

I have enabled Calendar power-up for my board (Planner).  I have added the Calendar's iCal in my Mac and iPhone. 

Now, I have a card with due date in Pending Tasks list. Due to the power-up and subscription to the calendar on my devices, I am able to see the card on my devices' calendar. 

The issue I am now seeing is that when the card due date is complete, I have a Butler rule which moves the card to a different list on the same board (Completed Tasks). However, my expectation was that it would not appear from my devices' calendar as the card is now having a due date completed. But, instead what I see in my devices' calendar is "updated" calendar entry with the event text updated with the "Completed Tasks" list name from the earlier "Pending Tasks" list name.

Wondering if this is the expected behaviour? If so, is there any alternate/ better mechanism to handle this? One way I can think of is to move the card to a different board altogether which doenst have the calendar power-up enabled.

Any thoughts?

1 answer

1 vote
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2017

Hey there

Since the card still has a due date, even though it's completed, it's going to show up on your calendar.  Why don't you have Butlerbot add a comment to the card that it was completed on {date} and remove the due date before it moves it to your "Completed Tasks" list. That way, it will also be removed from your calendar.

Something like 

when the due date is marked as complete in a card, post comment "Completed on {date}", and remove the due date from the card, and move the card to list "Completed Tasks"

Thanks Matthew for the response. I was thinking in simiar lines. Just thought if there was more elegant way to handle this :)

Many Thanks once again!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events