Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you put a divider in a list in Trello?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 9, 2017

I have a long list of tasks in one of my Trello lists and would love to somehow indicate which I can act on now and which are pending external action.  I have this broken up into two lists right now but it takes up a lot of space. Any way to do this via a label or divider?

I'm new to Trello so would love any tips! Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
jens
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2017

A simple, visual way to do this is to add an extra card to separate the two sections of the list and add a cover image (like the one below) to the card. 

You will have to give the card a title, which is also a good way to describe the section. 

divider.png

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 11, 2017

Thanks Jens -- great idea, I will do this!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 16, 2017

Now I can't figure out how to add the cover image to the card.  Any pointers?

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2017

Hey Monique- when you add an image to a card (like as an attachment), that will become the cover image.  

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

Very helpful suggestion. I use Trello to plot out the "beats" in a novel (as in Save the Cat! method) and each list is a beat. Each beat can have multiple scenes so this is a great way to group scenes together. This way I can see where parts of the plot need to be fleshed out when the lists start to get long.

0 votes
Wessel de Vries September 8, 2019

[Promotional language removed]

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 9, 2019

@Wessel de Vries please see our guidelines around these types of posts, specifically:

Identify yourself as a partner: If you are mentioning your own products or services, make sure you include wording to make it clear that you are affiliated with the company providing those products or services.

No spamming: Although you are welcome to offer your product as a solution when appropriate, this doesn't mean posting links everywhere that you can find.

No necroposting: Aka, no "raising threads from the dead." In general, avoid posting on old threads (six months or more old) simply to promote your products.

There are other ways to promote this extension that are outlined in that post. 

Thanks!

Wessel de Vries September 9, 2019

I was just trying to help people with trello issues I encountered myself, and for which I created a chrome extension.

It was not a commercial message; my extension is free and without any hidden purpose. 

Sorry that you experienced it that way. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events