Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change a board from a project to a personal board

Phebe Rand February 23, 2021

I don't have a team and I don't really need to have projects.   Is it only on Projects that there is a 10 board limit.   

Is it possible to change a board from a "Project" to one of the Personal Boards. 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2021

Hi Phebe,

Trello is moving to a model where you can think of Teams as “workspaces” and all boards will eventually be in a Workspace—be that a business workspace, a home workspace, a book club workspace, etc. There are a lot of small changes we need to make (and some big ones) to get there but you can imagine the end state as all boards are in a workspace (and a workspace is essentially what we call a Team today).

One of these changes is that from now on all new boards must be placed into a Team. That's why the option "No team" is not available anymore in the "Create Board" and "Move board" screens. You can choose from your existing teams or create a new one to hold your new board.

Even if you invite someone to join your team, you can still make your board's visibility private, making it only visible for the board members. If you never explicitly invite a user to a private board, they won't have access to it even if they are a member of the team that holds the board.

I hope this helps to clarify! Let us know if you have any other questions, and have a great rest of your day!

Phebe Rand March 4, 2021

Thanks for the reply however it doesn't really answer my question.   I don't have a team - so I can have a team of one person (me) but is there still a 10 board limit in each project or workspace. in the free version.  How many "teams" or "workspaces" can we have in the free version.   Sounds like it is 10 boards total, is that right? 

Thanks in advance for clarifying.  

Phebe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events