Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Labeling Rule not intelligent

Greta Schneider January 12, 2021

Hi - I'm struggling with the given format for the rules in Butler. 

I am trying to create auto color labeling based on 2 custom fields, U and I. If I were writing a statement I would want something like the below to occur:

If U == 1 & I == 1, Color = Pink

ElseIf U == 1 & I == 0, Color = Purple

Elseif U == 0 & I == 1, Color = Sky

Else Color = None

Apologies that this is no discernable coding language - I'm just a lowly chemical engineer ;)

The rules I have in Butler are:

• when custom fields "Urgent" and "Important" are completed, add the pink "Hi Prio - Do Now" label to the card
  • when custom fields "Urgent" are completed, add the purple "Med Prio - Delegate" label to the card
  • when custom fields "Important" are completed, add the sky "Med Prio - Schedule" label to the card

The problem that I'm encountering is that when I label I & U, I get all three colors.  I believe this is because I am not able to establish a hierarchy between these rules. For instance, If U & I are both 1, Stop. 

Any idea how to structure my rules so that this doesn't occur?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

You can add additional filters to your rules (if you cannot find the filter icon when adding the trigger, enable the Advanced toggle in the top right.)

If Urgent and Important are checkboxes, maybe use "is checked/unchecked" instead of "is completed" though?

You can also add further filters, like not having these rules trigger if they already have a certain label etc as well.
image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events