cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating "due" cycling of cards with definable interval

Cody James Klingbeil
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2024

Hello,

I am trying to create cards that behave in a specific way. I am struggling to work with the automation parameters to achieve the desired outcome, can anyone help me with this:

I would like to do the following:

Create a card, in the card, set a time interval and a start date. The start date + the time interval generates a due date.

The time interval is in weeks. The time interval should be easily assignable when the card is created, i.e. in a field labelled "weeks".

On arrival of the due date, the card moves into the "due" list. The card sits in the due list until "completed" is checked.

The card then moves back to the queue list. When the card is completed, notes can be added. The same card should keep cycling between "queue" and "due".

If the card sits in the "due" list for longer than assigned time interval (i.e. if the interval is one week, and the card sits in the "due" list for two weeks) nothing should happen. The card should remain in the "due" backlog.

Selecting "completed" should not re-set the time interval. i.e., if the interval is 4 weeks, and the card sits in "due" for 2 weeks before it is completed, the card move back into the "due" list 2 weeks after completion. 

Any help is appreciated. I have tried the various date parameters in butler, but I can't seem to establish the right dependencies or variables to make the card do what I need it to.

1 answer

0 votes
Victor N
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2024

Hi Cody, 

This is an interesting one! We would like to look into the board automation together and test it out. Please can you reach out to us attaching the link to the board with the automation via https://trello.com/contact 

Thanks again for your patience so far and we'll be on the lookout for the ticket. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events