Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating checklist due dates based on Card Date

Anita Kirkbride January 16, 2021

Is it possible to have checklists automatically set a due date based on the due date set for a card?

For example, I want to use a template, then set the due date for the card and based on that due date have all the checklists items set individual due dates, i.e 3 weeks before, 2 weeks before, 2 days after, etc. I have multiple checklists inside the card.

3 answers

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2021
0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2021

@Anita Kirkbride

Here's a demo

https://youtu.be/3R9RzO7zdAk

Also figured out, that I can use CF such that the card buttons can be applied to any checklist on card. It should also work for the case of use a existing item's due date.

I want to use a template, then set the due date for the card and based on that due date have all the checklists items set individual due dates, i.e 3 weeks before, 2 weeks before, 2 days after, etc. I have multiple checklists inside the card.

For your case, the use of temp {{%Wild1}} will allow work with different checklists with {{%Date}} as the date you want to set.

{"card_id": "{cardidlong}", "checklist": "{{%Wild_1}}", "date": "{{%Date}}", "bump_by": "0", "days_between": "0", "use_item": "No", "item": "Not Used", "checked": "None"}
Jason Petley February 13, 2023

Hello, this looks like what I am searching for. The YouTube video is private - am I able to watch it ? Thanks!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2023

@Jason Petley 

Correction it is not a power up. I have made it unlisted.

Pamela Laurie May 25, 2023

Video is still private.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2023

@Pamela Laurie 

In compliance to Atlassian community rules, this will not be made available,

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2021

@Anita Kirkbride 

Firstly, you might want to confirm whether item due dates on templates cards will be carried over. Furthermore I have not attempted to run Butler against a template card. 

I did, however, create a solution for what you want. Besides card due date it can use a CF date or first item due date. It can increment sequentially item due dates by days...etc. If the is business critical you can contact me using my profile info. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events