Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing due dates in checklists on repeating cards

Donna Fox June 24, 2020

I have a card that repeats weekly.  I would love the repeat to change the due dates on items in the checklist to the same day of the week for that new week.

I've looked all through butler to see if this was possible in automation, but I can't seem to make it happen.

Has anyone figured out how to do this? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2020

@Donna Fox you can kind of do this, but the "offset" between checklist items needs to be fixed, you can do it by setting the value in a custom field, then moving that value as you iterate through checklist items:

2020-06-25 at 8.18 pm.png

Donna Fox June 25, 2020

Brilliant!  Thank you! 

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Paula Birchfield December 15, 2021

I've been trying to make this work and I cannot get it to work on the checklist items in a card. The button, if I choose say, shift 10 days ahead, will shift the due date on the card, but I can't find a way to apply it to the dates on the checklist.  HELP, please, we have a card with due dates for a product that gets repeated for new products and it would really be a great tood.

Paula Birchfield December 15, 2021

I mean tool, not "tood", lol.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

@Paula Birchfield can you post a screenshot of your rule so we can see how it differs from the example I provided?

Paula Birchfield January 6, 2022

It's a production checklist for a particular book with deadline dates. I want to be able to use it as a template for other books but just shifting the dates out. I tried 10 days just to see how it would work.image.png

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2020

** sorry ** gave the wrong answer. I learn something and it is worth investigating how to change due date on checklist.

Update: realised I can’t test without a business class profile and looks like the library I am using does not go beyond the base Trello features. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events