Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Sending Email to Submitter

tkelly January 23, 2023

When I close a ticket, I want to send an email to the submitter.  The only function I find in automation is to end to a static name.  Can I send to the submitter?  Any chance I could pull my custom fields into the email it sends. TIA!  Tim 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 23, 2023

Hi @tkelly ðŸ‘‹

Christl from SendBoard here - makers of the Email for Trello PowerUp.

Are you using the Email for Trello Power-Up perhaps? If so, you can send an email to the 'submitter' by using the @reply/ @contact keywords in your automation rule. 

You might find this article helpful: Use Trello Automation to automatically send emails based on triggers

If the email address is stored in a custom field, you can pull that into your automation rule by using the custom field variable as explained in this article: Use Variables and Custom fields with Trello Automation

You're welcome to pop over any questions to hello@sendboard.com, I'd be happy to help you with your rules.

tkelly January 25, 2023

Fantastic!  Thanks!

Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 25, 2023

You're welcome!

Feel free to reach out to hello@sendboard.com if you come across any questions while setting up or testing your rule. We'd be happy to help.

0 votes
mustafa sener _Hipporello_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2023

Hi Tim,

Can you describe your use case in details? I think Hipporello Service Desk can help you with this. Are those tickets the one created by your customer or clients?

tkelly January 25, 2023

Sendboard answered the question.  Since I already use that produce, I'm headed that way. Thank you Tim 

mustafa sener _Hipporello_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2023

You are welcome!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events