Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach ticket to Slack thread

Robert Maxwell June 19, 2018

Hello,

How can one attach a trello card to a slack thread. 

I see how you can attach a tick to the channel, but that is next to useless. Its almost as if the expectation is that you would create a channel per ticket, that cannot be right seem quite onerous. 

If I have a channel that is link to a board the  is any number of cards in the board, could be 50, I would not want all 50 tickets updated with random slack converstation about cards that are unrelated.

3 answers

0 votes
Kaushik G April 7, 2020

I would like a feature like this

1. Link a particular trello board to a channel
  2. Link each card in trello to a thread in slack. Updates to this thread should be updated in trello as well
0 votes
Robert Maxwell June 21, 2018

Deleted

0 votes
Teddy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2018

Hi Robert,

Are you trying to add comments to a specific card from within Slack? If so, updates that you make will only go to the card that the Trello bot is currently linked to, and you are free to change which card is currently active at any time.

You can change the card that is currently linked by using the command /trello [card url]. Once you have the card linked, you can leave comments or add members by using the commands '/trello comment "This is a comment" or '/trello assign @member1'.

Linking the board to the channel will allow you to create new cards on the board, and you can always unlink the board, or change which board is currently linked. You can read much more about which commands are available here: https://help.trello.com/article/1049-slack-app

I hope this helps!

Robert Maxwell June 21, 2018

Well That will answer what was my next question so thanks!

My question was going from slack -> trello not comments. slack posts. But I guess I can work around that by continually adding /trello comment "The text",  But what if I want to include a screenshot?

Also when you say /trello [card url], how does one then "unlink" a card. The issue will be we have 14 people in one channel, since Trello bots do not support threads there will be a battle as to which card is linked to the channel.  Trello bot Threads would solve this problem; Keep in mind its similar to creating 1 channel per card but it keeps all the information in 1 channel (which is the goal) as I have no way to relate channels to eachother in slack (which would also fix this)

Like Kaushik G likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events