Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alter which notifications I'm emailed about

Amelia Nestler January 26, 2018

Hello!  I'm trying to figure out how to tweak email notifications so that they work better for me.  I see where I can change my email frequency, but not where I can change which kinds of things I'm emailed about.

Specifically, I only want to receive emails if I'm purposefully tagged.

I'd also be interested in receiving notifications when someone does anything on specific boards, but not other boards.  In other words, when it's a project I'm directly managing, I want to know everything that happens, but otherwise, I'm fine just seeing it in my notifications after I'm on trello.

Is this possible?  Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2018

Hi Amelia,

At this time, it's not possible to control which types of notifications generate an email and which don't. If a notification is generated by Trello and you don't read that notification inside of Trello within a minute or so, Trello will send you an email about the notification.

You can control what events you're notified about by carefully subscribing or unsubscribing from boards, but if Trello generates a notification, you'll probably be emailed about it.

One option to consider is disabling email notifications, and then using something like Zapier to create additional rules. For example, if you disable email notifications entirely for Trello, you could then create a Zap that watches your Trello notifications for @mentions, and when it sees one, Zapier can email you instead of Trello.

That's a bit more work to set up and manage, but should get you what you're looking for!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events