Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add automatic colour tags

Nándi 42k February 23, 2018

Hi!

I can add a coloured tag only on the computer when I add a new card, but not on the phone. We are using a shared table, adding new cards from computer or mobile. Is it not possible to set up an automatic colored tag for a user? So we would know immediately by color who posted the card. THX

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2018

Hi Quiksilver

You can add labels to a card using your phone, what problems are you running in to?

You can also set up an automation tool on your board so that whenever a new card is added, a label is created on the card (regardless if computer or phone).

To add custom automation using Butlerbot, follow these steps: 

1) Add Butlerbot to your board here: https://www.butlerfortrello.com/dashboard.html 
-- A new list will be created titled "Butler" 
2) Add a new card to the Butler list, using the following text  

when a card is added to the board, add a "{creatorusername}" label

This will add the label, but it will be a non-color label.  To add a specific color label, use

when a card is added to the board, add a red "{creatorusername}" label

Let me know if you have any further questions about setting this up. 

PS: Here's Butler's command builder: https://butlerfortrello.com/builder.html 

and here's Butler's sample board: https://trello.com/b/2dLsEE9t/butler-for-trello

thanks, this is super, but what i would like to do is a bit different.
2 persons editing this table. I would like to add a yellow tag if person A created the card and blue tag if person B created the card. So I would always see which was my idea and which was the other persons idea.... :)

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2018

Sure!  Add a new label to your board with the title of the label equal to the username. 

Your butler command will be

when a card is added to the board, add the "{creatorusername}" label

Then, each time a card is created, Butler will assign the associated label.

thanks very much, works like a charm! :)

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2018

You're welcome. if you're satisfied with the answer here, please accept the response. This will help other users in the community.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events