cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOMATION copy

moaz.a
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 14, 2023

I have two boards, and I added a rule to the board buttons. When I press the button, I need to copy the cards that include red labels and paste them onto another board.

However, when I press the button more than once, it repeats the process of copying the same cards.

What I actually need is that when I press the button again, it should copy only the cards that have a red label after I pressed it for the first time, without duplicating the cards on the other board.

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2023

You could do this by either:

1. Add to the automation to remove the red label after the card is copied
  2. Add another label to the card (Named "Copied" for example) when it has been copied. Then change your automation button to copy cards with the red label but without the "Copied" label

As a bonus, there is a really good duplicate deletion hack in Trello, which you could add to the receiving board:

When a card is added to the board, lookup the card titled {triggercardname} and archive the card

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events