cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A rule to move new cards to top of board but below pinned card

Bo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 12, 2024

Hi, is it possible to make a rule to move new cards to the top of list but below pinned cards? ie to second or third position? I have a rule to sort the list by label "pinned" ascending and another to move new cards to the top of the list but this second rule overrides the first and moves the new card above the pinned one. Can I prioritise rules? 

I could have the sort rule sort by pinned ascending and then time in list ascending but that will reshuffle everything and I just want new cards at the top, below my pinned label card.

TIA

1 answer

0 votes
Beverley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2024

Hi Bo - welcome to the community!

You could create an automation rule, for example:
when a new card is created, sort the cards in (list name) by label "pinned" ascending and then by age descending

Alternatively, it is also possible to create new cards in your preferred position in your list. To do that, you can double-click between the gap of the card above and the card below where you'd like to add a card. 

SCR-20240319-okrv.png

I hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events