Trello for managing Supply-Chain/Purchasing Department

Ori Shilon November 20, 2019

Hi,

Does someone manage a Purchasing Department or manage an entire supply-chain process by Trello. 

I would be happy to hear some advice on what is the best way to do that, which power-ups you use, etc.

2 comments

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

@Ori Shilon I have a client who runs an importing and ecommerce business. He manages the procurement, importing (containers/shipping/batch tracking/inventory) then deals with orders and shipping from the warehouse. He uses Butler for quite a few ad-hoc automations and I wrote custom automations in Trellinator:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

The system integrates with Pipedrive for CRM and QuickBooks online for invoicing, and has some batch tracking stuff because they're healthcare products so need to be subject to recall and QuickBooks Online doesn't do batch tracking (enterprise does, but then we can't automate it as easily with the API and have a VA do data entry remotely as easily).

We also built email automation for quote requests and customer communications using a combination of Trellinator and Benko Board:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

It's a great platform for this, but he doesn't really use any power ups. In my opinion Trello's real power is in it's API, and the fact that it's a robust and flexible interface that can be repurposed for a range of different applications that operates nearly uniformly across any device.

Like Ori Shilon likes this
Ori Shilon November 23, 2019

Thanks Iain.

I will check it out.

Ori

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2019

@Ori Shilon Hey, Ori! I'll let other folks weigh in here, but I was able to find a couple of examples:

Like # people like this
Ori Shilon November 23, 2019

Thank you Erica.

I will check it out.

Ori

Like Erica Moss likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events