cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Login through URL

Thibault Pourbaix
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 27, 2019

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to login to my trello account with url without manually keying in my email and password. I wanted to use URL query parameters but I don't think it is possible.
Maybe there is a way to prefill my email and password ? 

Thanks for your help,

Thibault

2 comments

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2019

@Thibault PourbaixMost browsers have a built in password manager which would allow you to do that.  Trello itself does not offer access through URL query parameters.

fdj
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2020

I second this request... not just that it's harder/longer to login, but also:

1) perhaps because you implemented login as 2-stage form submit, this seems to break password remember/autofill-in (in browsers and password archival tools).   the only way to avoid this is to never logout, which is not a great security policy in general and definately not that there is now one account for all atlassian services (including source code).

2) probably about 1/10 attempts, the login doesn't fail/suceed... it just hangs and has to be re-attempted.  which perhaps happens with other services but bc of your weird login process it makes it 4x as long about 1/10 of time.

Both of these occur same regardless of whether first trying to use trello, or going to id.atlassian.com and then trello, fwiw.    i love trello and also am user of other altassian services, but this has been a negative daily experience.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events