Tool to migrate Yahoo groups to Trello

Philip Ramer October 26, 2019

I love Trello.  There are lots of Yahoo groups that it would be nice to move to Trello.  Yahoo groups will be deleted in December.  Is there a way to do this?

I did it manually but a tool would be nice.  A way to preserve conversations would be good too.

2 comments

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2019

@Philip RamerUnfortunately I'm not aware of a tool to do this.  Part of the problem is that Yohoo groups is more focused on messages, whereas Trello is more about cards/tasks.

That means the "translation" of Yahoo groups to Trello is highly context dependent.

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2019

Hmm... I am really curious how you'd replicate a yahoo group with Trello.  Its a really intriguing concept.  Could you share more about how you are organizing this information in Trello?

Philip Ramer November 13, 2019

Here is a link to my board https://trello.com/b/cL5pgnPQ/free-aircraft-plans it is a place to share free plans for aircraft. In a yahoo group email conversations are also posted on the board.  I guess there would be a way to forward the email thread to a card and then those cards could be moved to a discussion list.  With yahoo groups uploaded plans were hard to browse and had to be downloaded to veiw this works better on Trello for sure

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events