Request feature for quickly deleting a card

Julie Britt February 10, 2021

My request is for Trello to add a DELETE button to the CARD action menu. Then we could Delete with one button instead of ARCHIVE, DELETE, DELETE to clear a card from our board.  All that clicking is totally annoying!

Any chance this might happen? Or is there a shortcut I'm unaware of?

PS: If this issue was discussed before, my apologies. It didn't pop up in my search.

3 comments

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2021

Hi @Julie Britt ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you want to suggest a feature request then ask Trello support 

Julie Britt February 10, 2021

Thank you for the reply and the link. Much appreciated. 

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this
Jari Worsley February 17, 2021

The Card Delete power up might help you Julie.

it is free to use and does not count for your board limits as one of the bonus power ups.

https://trello.com/power-ups/5d0859bfbe10fe7460b4390a/card-delete

Like # people like this
Julie Britt February 17, 2021

That sounds like EXACTLY what I need. I'm surprised Trello support didn't mention it. Thank you, Jari!

Like Jari Worsley likes this
Dale Hans March 11, 2021

I have a solution that works well for me that I will suggest.  I am the Admin and I did not want people to be deleting things without me knowing.  So I create a generic List on every board called "Trash Can".  Then I created a set of three Butler rules I activate on every board.

1. when a card is moved into list "Trash Can" by anyone except me, remove all the members from the card, and add the red "FOR REVIEW" label to the card

2. when the red "FOR REVIEW" label is removed from a card by me, archive the card

3. when a card is moved into list "Trash Can" by me, archive the card

Hope this might help.

Like Catherine Magnani likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events