Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make the "Show More Labels" button turn up when there's two too many options.

Chocolate Kitsune
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 22, 2024

I was reorganizing my Trello when I ran into this edge case that I feel should be addressed. When I added a ninth and final label, this apparently made the "Show More Labels" function kick in, which resulted in this behaviour:

firefox_8bnIsaZoZE.pngESHqvX2fdb.png

Effectively, the "Show More Labels" button hides exactly one label, which is the same height as the button itself. It adds an extra click to no benefit to the UI or UX and, to be quite blunt, is less than useless in this specific situation.

My suggestion is to display up to 9 labels, and have it hide 2 labels when a 10th one is added.

To cover all bases, if these values are different depending on the size of the viewport, app, or whatever else, then have it display n+1 labels, and hide 2 labels when an n+2nd one is added, where n is the current display limit of the viewport in question.

Alternatively, just add a scrollbar. It works just fine for cards, why not labels too?

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events