cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engaging Virtual Teams - ice breakers and team building techniques

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2018

I have been teleworking with virtual teams for 3+ years. I recently came across the white board simulator in the Trello inspiration boards and look forward to trying it out.

Do you have any remote team icebreakers or collaborative techniques (and/or team building) you use for engaging teams that you would be willing to share?

1 comment

Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2018

Hey Jodi! I can share with you some of the boards we use at Trello for engaging our remote team and bringing more interaction between us!

• We had a board where we all uploaded pictures of ourselves with our Halloween costumes, which was awesome!
  • We have a board with my team where we keep recipes and share our favorite dishes with one another
  • We also had a board where we shared pictures of our "Friends and Family Day", a day we're given to spend with our beloved ones

You could maybe create an icebreaker board and link it to a survey you create for your team asking to upload a funny picture, or explain a hidden talent they've got. You can link the survey to your board (using the Typeform Power-Up for example) and then once everyone has submitted their answer, you can make the board team visible and share it with them! Hope that helps :)

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2018

Hi @Marta Galofre de Alos thank you so much for all these amazing ideas! I can't wait to try them out with my virtual team, it will make such a difference to strengthen relationships from a distance, since we only get to see each other one or twice a year in-person.

Thanks again and have a super day!

Jodi

Like Marta Galofre de Alos likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events