Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy template cards between boards

Erik Svensson February 19, 2023

Hi,

I am fairly new to trello so not sure if what I want already exist but I couldn't find anything so asking here instead.

I am creating a template board with some template cards but I cannot seem to move them to other boards as any template is just local to the board. I'd love more support for sharing stuff between boards instead of having to re-create stuff within each board. Sometimes I make a long list in one card then I realize it would be nice to have in some of my other boards but there is no way to move those over without re-creating them from scratch which is quite tedious. 

This could be feedback to the team that makes trello or maybe it's already possible to do?

Thanks in advance!

2 comments

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2023

You should be able to Move as well as Copy Template Cards to another board.
If Moved, they remain a Template card, even on the target board.
if Copied, the copied card is just a regular card now.

You can Move/Copy in two ways:
1) On the Board page, if you click on the pencil on the top-right of the card front, there should be both a Move and Copy button. And you can choose which board it or its copy gets sent to.
2) You should also have access to the Move/Copy buttons in the Card itself, on the buttons to the right under Actions.

If none of these buttons are accessible, or one or the other steps are missing. Try opening the board in a different browser or in incognito mode. On the off chance that an extension or adblocker is disabling a button? Although this is of a lower probability.

Johnny Scott April 10, 2023

Following up on this question again. I am attempting to do the same thing, copying or moving a Template card from one board to another board on the same Workspace, and the copy/move method is not working properly. I create/edit the template, and set it as a "template card" by checking the Template box under the "Actions" section, then copy or move, and several of the recently made changes are not included in the template card on the board it was moved or copied to. I submitted a support request, and have not heard anything back yet. Trying to get ahead of this problem, as I have 30+ boards to update and they all need the same ticket. Thanks in advance! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events