Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections No Longer Persist

Gary Sheehan June 15, 2021

We are in trouble. We arrange our boards in collections that are operationally grouped. For example, we have a collection called New Product Hand-Off for all new products that our engineering team has completed their work on, and these are handed off to Operations to get them to market.

With the changes last week, collections are no longer selected from a list, but selected through a filter. The issue is the filter does not persist, so if we go into a board to review it, then come back to the collection, the filter is reset and the collection filters need to be applied again. This is tedious when there are 40-80 boards to review in a given meeting.

Furthermore, the filtered list is limited in the quantity of boards displayed, so "Load more boards" needs to be clicked each time once we've exceeded the initial display. In some cases multiple times.

Is anyone else impacted similarly? Have you found ways around this? 

2 comments

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

@Gary Sheehan Have you considered that, rather than using collections for organising boards that are handed through different departments, you could use a "board of boards" approach?

This overview board would have cards that linked through to each of your product boards, or simply the new kind of "board link cards", when you actually see a little board graphic (you can try this by copying and pasting the link to any board into the title of a new card).

You could then have these in lists which would serve as your collections, and your review process would be very similar to how it was previously.

It would be tedious to convert this manually but I could write a BenkoBot automation script that would loop through all your boards and create linked cards in an overview board based on their collection name.

Like Rose Cabahug likes this
Gary Sheehan June 16, 2021

@Iain Dooley I hadn't considered that. I was hoping I was just missing a new setting I could change to bring back the basic functionality we've been using for the past four years. 

Rose Cabahug August 6, 2021

Hi @Iain Dooley , is there a way to rename or delete a collection? 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events