Having issues with your New Year Eve's menu? Trello, please!

If you want a standard Trello use case - sorry, I'm not your guy. :)

June's hot topic - Trello usage in our daily tasks! (It was still June when I started the article though)

I remembered the most epic Trello board in my entire career - the New Year Eve's one. The use case: we are a bunch of friends who want to spend the night together in a house far away from the big city. No big parties, not much noise, just food, chat, couple of drinks, and board games. Sounds familiar? Then you know the big mess with the organization and all the questions like: "I'll get the beer.", "NO, I will!". Who will make the salad, who is on a diet, who is allergic to seafood?

And here comes the solution!

What were our steps:

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 6.14.48 PM.png

• Setting up a Trello board.
  • Writing a massive backlog with suggestions from everybody.
  • After that, separating each "team" member (or team couple) in a different column. 
  • Each of the members dragged his suggestions beneath his column.
  • VOTE!

Some of the foods dropped out immediately, others after the voting process. We were ready to shop and cook!

The dinner turns out pretty good. Of course, like every time, we prepared food for an army, not a bunch of people: New Year - Fat Year - Every Year :)

1 comment

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2019

Love this! I had seen someone had posted a Thanksgiving Board, and a summer picnic board. So great for organizing office pot lucks too :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events