Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Going live again!) Building an RSS Feed Reader in Trello

I'm going live again and building an RSS Feed Reader in Trello!

An interesting post in Reddit prompted this, and it's reminded me that there's tragically not a fantastic way that I've found to keep track of blogs, newsletters, and podcasts I want to follow all in one place. (RIP Google Reader)

But i think it's possible to build something like this in Trello! Especially using Zapier as it has a feed reading action. 

Ideally, I'm going to build something that: 

1) gives me an easy way to submit a link to "watch"

2) whenever something new is posted there, it creates a card in a Trello board

3) possibly add labels to cards based on the type of content/source

4) add notes about the content to the card and save it or archive it when I'm done

If you want to watch me build it, I'm going to livestream the process on Monday, Feb 7th, at 4pm CST/5pm EST/2pm PST . You can come back to this article to watch in the embedded video below, and it will also be available here as a recording afterwards if you can't make it live!

If you'd prefer, you can also get a reminder via text (if in US) and/or email so you know when it's happening. I'll also update with a comment in here, so if you watch this post, you should get an email notification when I post that ðŸ˜Š

I'll also come back and update this post after the fact with simple step by step instructions and a template so you can do it yourself if you don't want to watch me struggle for an hour!

Feel free to comment with any feature requests and I'll try to incorporate it as I build!

EDIT: I'm actually going live at 4pm CST on Monday, Feb 7th. Initially was going to be 6pm so if you saw it as that before you aren't crazy but I'm moving it!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events