Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agile Household: Family Collaboration

A few years ago I discovered an "Agile Household" board on the Trello Inspiration page, created by Brian Cervino and Jessica Webb. I decided to copy the template board and started using it with my husband. 

agile household.png

This has kept us on track and organized in everything from house maintenance and renovations, to decorating, warranties, insurance, cleaning, groceries, Max's vet visits, annual doctor and dentist appointments, vehicle maintenance, emergency kit contents, things to remember, and everything in between.

As an example, we keep track of our grass cutting, snow removal and house cleaning services. How often they come, contact information, payment method etc.

house.png

We also have a "completed items" list of all the activities on the board we finished to look back at our progress. It is very convenient to have paint colours, room measurements, and decor ideas for purchase that are easily accessible when we are shopping.

completed items.png

We even keep track of the plants we purchase in the summer, so if we like the ones we got that year it is easier to go back to the greenhouse and pick a few of the same ones when you know the names, and also keeps you from buying ones that didn't bloom the way you wanted, or if we want to change it up we can ensure we buy different ones from those on the list.

landscaping.png

This board has been a game changer for us, everything "household related" organized and accessible at our fingertips. Grateful for this template board, as I may never have thought to create one on my own set up this way.

I would love to hear if others have been using this template board, and any tweaks you made to adapt it to your family's needs. 

2 comments

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2020

I'm moving in with my partner this weekend and we've been using Trello to delegate tasks and keep track of things like the moving truck rental and our new renter's insurance policy. It's been great!

If we referenced the same template, they had set up a "date night" list, right? That's actually kept us going back to the board—because we keep hearing about places to check out in our new neighborhood and adding them there.

I don't know if we'll keep using it once we're settled, but so far, so good ;) We also have much less to juggle, seeing as it's a tiny apartment... hah! I'll have to see what he's up for.

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2020

Thanks for sharing @Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy - I did not see date night on that template above, perhaps there is another one out there that you saw. You may wish to check out Brittany Joiner's post on how she used Trello for the big move: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/How-the-Great-Joiner-Migration-Happened-Aka-How-I-Used-Trello/ba-p/1103463

Would love to hear if you transition your moving board to an agile household board in the future :)

Jodi

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events