Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should we name our new Jira Certification?

Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2023

Hey all,

We need your help naming a new Atlassian certification!

This fall 2023, we will be launching a new tier of foundational certifications.

As we start building this program, we want to open the feedback loop with our community of learners to help shape the direction. In other words, we want to create these certs with you.

Our hope is that this new program empowers you to be the expert in deciding which skills are relevant to your role and career. Much more to come — keep your eyes peeled for an announcement later this summer including details on how to get involved.

For now, what should we name this first certification?

Our first certification will be focused on helping Jira Software end-users validate their proficiency using the tool and understanding agile basics.

By earning this cert, users will show they understand key Jira concepts (projects, boards, issues), know how to effectively manage their work in the tool, and can participate proficiently on a Scrum or Kanban team.

Here are the top two names we’re looking for your feedback on:

• User Essentials in Jira Software

• Collaboration Essentials in Jira Software

Which name do you prefer? Which is more clear? Which would get you most excited to earn?

Comment below to let us know your thoughts by July 5th, 2023.

Thank you!!

15 answers

Suggest an answer

11 votes
Lauren Allen June 28, 2023

Why not Agile Essentials in Jira Software?  If you are specifically focussing on agile, techniques with kanban and scrum you may get more traction by explicitly saying that. Particularly if the Jira Essentials with Agile Mindset course is going to be one of the main courses in the learning pathway as this certainly covers off agile techniques in addition to how to use Jira for agile.

If we have to pick out of the 2 listed, my vote would be for Collaboration Essentials.  Collaboration is a better keyword for employment opportunites etc than User. Agile > Collaboration > User.

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2023

Can I vote for 'Agile Essentials in Jira Software'? 🙏🏻

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2023

Yep, I like this one, too. 

Like # people like this
Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2023

Yes, we will absolutely take write-in votes! (p.s. we discussed this yesterday and we like this one a lot, too.... stay tuned!)

Like # people like this
Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2023

Yes, thank you for the write-in answer @Lauren Allen ! We agree that bringing "Agile" into the name would be great if we can.

Like Lauren Allen likes this
6 votes
Mike Clarke
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2023

+1 for User Essentials in Jira Software 

Although this (along with the planned changes to the Partner Program) is raising some huge questions in my head about what certifications look like in the future

I think it's great that Atlassian are planning entry level certs, ACP620 is really hard for people relatively new to the tool.

Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2023

Definitely why we want to partner with customers and partners in developing our new tier, @Mike Clarke — thanks for your input!

Like # people like this
Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2023

Thank you for the feedback @Mike Clarke (and I appreciate your email with suggestions and ideas on the future of our cert program overall!)

2 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2023

Thanks @Andrew DeBell!

I agree with the other votes so far: User Essentials in Jira Software

Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2023

Awesome @Jimmy Seddon , thanks for the feedback!

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2023

Thanks @Andrew DeBell . Going to go with  "User Essentials in Jira software".

1 vote
Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2023

+1 for User Essentials in Jira Software.

1 vote
Ed Osborn June 28, 2023

I think my users would be more interested in one titled collaboration essentials; it reinforces the idea that you're using the product to collaborate with others and you want to learn to bring your work together, rather than just knowing where to click to open up different sections of a site (which is what 'user essentials' seems like to me).

Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2023

Okay that makes sense, thanks for your input on this @Ed Osborn 

1 vote
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2023

Hi @Andrew DeBell if we have to choose one of the given names, this title looks clear, "User Essentials in Jira Software".

Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2023

Hey @G subramanyam we'd also be interested in hearing any write-in answers!

Like # people like this
Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2023

Great, thank you @G subramanyam !

1 vote
Elizabeth Ramsey June 28, 2023

My vote is for "User Essentials in Jira Software"!  I think it more clearly points to the topic and who the cert is for.  Thanks! :)

Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2023

We appreciate your input @Elizabeth Ramsey , thank you!

Like Elizabeth Ramsey likes this
1 vote
Kavitha Chandrasekaran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2023

User Essentials in Jira Software 

Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2023

Thank you @Kavitha Chandrasekaran !

1 vote
Tracy Stimac June 28, 2023

Voting for User Essentials in Jira Software

Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2023

Thanks for your vote @Tracy Stimac !

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2023

I like what @Lauren Allen suggests the most. If this is not valid, +1 for User Essentials in Jira Software.

Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2023

Hey @[deleted] , sounds good, thanks for your thoughts on this!

0 votes
Francesco Coppola
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 29, 2023
Vote for Collaboration Essentials in Jira Software

Collaboration reinforce the idea that  Jira is a tool for team helping them to deliver faster, collaborate better, and execute agile practices in the ways that work best for them.
Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2023

Thank you @Francesco Coppola , we appreciate your input!

0 votes
AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2023

I will vote for 

• Collaboration Essentials in Jira Software

as Collaboration Essentials is important because it helps teams collaborate more effectively and provides them with the tools they need to work together. when we talk about boards, issues and projects its more of collaboration.

Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2023

Appreciate your input and explanation...thanks @Asha !

0 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2023

If my vote for @Lauren Allen is invalid, I would opt for: User Essentials in Jira Software

Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2023

Sounds great, thanks @Rudy Holtkamp !

0 votes
Vando Goncalves _e-Core_ June 28, 2023

Considering that this will "validate" the knowledge and understanding in concepts and also they can effectively participate on a team, my vote goes to Collaboration Essentials in Jira Software...

Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2023

Makes sense, thanks for your input @Vando Goncalves _e-Core_ !

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events