Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm new to Jira and I want to get the ACP 120 certification. Where do I start?

Alex Kang January 14, 2021

I really don't want to pay for the course because it's expensive. I've found resources on youtube but they seem very outdated. I was following along one channel but it seems that the UI of the website has been changed. for example, i can't find an option for configuring the announcement banner. 

3 answers

Suggest an answer

7 votes
Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2021

@Alex Kang I was re-reading you post and noticed that you also said that you are new to Jira. ACP-120 is a Certification designed to be earned after a considerable amount of experience with the product (we recommend 1-2 years).

Rather than tackle the ACP-120 exam, I'd highly recommend our Managing Jira Cloud Projects (training + Certification) bundle. It's priced at $100 (all in: course + exam) and the training course is the only preparation you'll need for the exam.

IMHO, the Managing Jira Cloud Projects Certification is the way to go, in this case.

Deleted user April 5, 2021

Hello @Ben Thoma I am also new to Jira. I was thinking to go through the "learn Jira basics" free training and then buy the bundle training + certification of ACP-600, however I see the server version will be retired by 2024. Would you recommend moving to ACP-620 instead?

Thank you.

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2021

@[deleted] I may have answered this in another thread, but to be clear on this singular question: I don't think it's better to earn ACP-620 unless you plan on working in the Cloud environment in the near future. Three years is a good amount of time where organizations will still have Jira Software Server running, and you can be a great asset to teams that are.

That said, if you aren't working in one particular environment right now, you my find that the Cloud Certification is more "future-proof" as more companies are choosing to use Cloud software, in general. The big exception here is certain industries where on-premise solutions are still the foreseeable norm.

As with anything else related to Certifications, it's best to research your future career options and see if that helps draw a more clear path towards Cloud or Data Center/Server.

Deleted user April 6, 2021

Thank you @Ben Thoma. Agree with the "future-proof" of the Cloud solution.

2 votes
Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2021

Hi @Alex Kang — I understand that preparing for a Certification can feel daunting. We do have the Certification Prep course, which is $50, to help you out. Is that the one you were already referring to?

I'll also point out, if you didn't already know, that the ACP-120 exam has special pricing right now. It's $100 off the regular exam price (until Feb 28, 2021). Perhaps that cost savings can be used to afford the Cert Prep course?

2 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

Hi Alex,

I would suggest starting up with Trial Instance with Premium features https://www.atlassian.com/software/premium and documentation along with it.

There are few free courses on the Atlassian Training website. https://training.atlassian.com/free-training-catalog.

Thanks,
Pramodh

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events