Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need access to a Jira server or cloud instance to complete the Jira administrator training?

Brian Jackson July 30, 2023

I want to take the training needed to become a Jira but don't have access to the server or cloud instance. Can I still take the course and be successful?

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

5 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2023

Hi @Brian Jackson 

Ideally, yes.

Whilst some training courses give you access to a training environment, sometimes it's only for one continuous 24 hour period.

It's much easier to practice at your own pace if you have your own environment in my experience.

You could...

Ste

Brian Jackson July 30, 2023

Understood. Does anyone know of a site where you can rent time? I won't have access otherwise.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2023

Hi @Brian Jackson 

You're not able to create a free Cloud instance?

Ste

Like # people like this
4 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Technically no, but it is very likely that you will struggle with the course unless you have somewhere to try things out and experiment.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events