ACP 600 or ACP-620 knowing that jira server support will stop in some time

Shrutika Agrawal July 13, 2021

Jira server support will stop from 2024, this will gradually move organisations to cloud instance, so should one not do ACP-620, looking at the future demand? 
I am working on Jira server instance as of now, but skeptical in preparing for ACP-600, knowing the current circumstances. 
If working on Jira server, how different will be UI for cloud version?

Should I practice on free cloud site in order to prepare for ACP-620? 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Hey @Shrutika Agrawal and welcome to the community!

Let me first say that

"yes, you should practice on a free cloud site, or even a premium/standard trial since a free plan has limitations"

whether you will go for 600 or 620 is a personal choice. Yes Cloud is the future so doing 620 is a good choice. but it depends on what your need is.. if you currently have a Server instance and you don't immediately plan on going Cloud (maybe you go Datacenter?) I still feel like 600 is a good exam.

We have moved to data center so do you advice me in taking ACP-600 as I have better hands-on, on Jira data center instance. How should I practice for ACP-600, will my company's instance be sufficient? 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

well since you just moved to DC I'd suggest doing thatone.. If there are no plans for you/your company to move to Cloud i'd leave that for later.

Your company's instance should be fine I'd just not "play around" on a production environment but if you have a dev/test instance sure.

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 13, 2021

I agree that if you are working on server / data center then ACP-600 makes sense. Then as server is being phased out you still have data center and can still take ACP-620 later if it becomes relevant.

But at the same time in my experience there arent significant differences between them. You do need to know the differences between cloud and server, but understanding one puts you in a good place to sit for the other, without a huge amount of extra work.

And again, note that the free cloud instance doesn't give you the full functionality that can be in the exam. If you have access to a data center instance you are probably better placed to practice.

Just depends on where you see your future, in the short and longer terms.

Good luck!!

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this

Thanks for the valuable inputs and suggestions, I will be preparing for ACP-600. 

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2021

I also want to add that ACP-620 is offered as part of a training + exam bundle. So you will get valuable Cloud training when you enroll, as well as access to a hands-on lab environment to help you practice what is taught in the lessons.

Will it be sufficient to pass the exam? As for practical use we are on data center instance. Also, Is, ACP-600 not offered as part of a training + exam bundle? 

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2021

Take a look at our new Managing Jira Projects for Data Center Certification, just released today! 

Community Article

Exam Information

Enroll in the course + exam voucher bundle

smile

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events