ACP-300 Certification

elkrivertom December 19, 2017

I am currently a ACP-100 holder and I just passed my ACP-400 certification today. 

I am now thinking about the ACP-300 Agile certification, but I have much less experience with Agile development. My thoughts on prep for this course is:

1. Take the "Getting more from JIRA Software" course

2. Get CSM certified

3. Take the ACP-300 Exam prep course

4. Do the same things I've done for ACP-100 and ACP-400. 

My current job is for a large organization where other admins focus on the Agile boards. Do you think this will be good enough to pass the exam or do I need more real work experience?

Any other suggestions?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2017

Read all the docs on JSW, because that's part of how the exams were written. And really know all the reports. And play with a local instance of your own. Good luck!

Marynel September 10, 2018

Hello Matt, could you share the link to the doc you are referring to? Thanks in advance

Like # people like this
2 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2017

I wouldn't say being a Scrum Master is a requirement to pass.  If you understand how Agile teams behave and operate, become predictable and perform work, that should be enough.  There are no questions that are about Agile methodology specifically. Also, Jira Software can be used by Waterfall teams, so don't forget about non-Agile use cases! My team took the prep course, documented the topics discussed and made sure we understood the topics and how teams would use the various features of the tool in a Software Development use case.  One of the best things you can do, beside taking the prep course, is to set up an empty Jira instance on your workstation, install a Jira Software eval key and click around.  You will need to add some data in order to make the reports display, but it doesn't require that much effort to get the reports to have data in them. 

In general, I think the thing that my team struggled with the most is the default settings.  We almost never see an instance that uses default settings. We are never hired to set things up using default schemes in Jira, so we needed to spend time to study what the defaults are. If you passed ACP-100 and ACP-400, you can pass this one!

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2017

Good point about default settings

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events