Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prepare for ACP-520: Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin Certification

Introduction:

This guide is designed to give you some pointers on how to prepare for the ACP-520 certification exam, and should be in conjunction with the certification prep course, documentation and practice with a test site.

As of writing this article the cost of the certification exam and it’s prep course are drastically discounted and worth taking advantage of.

Throughout the rest of this guide I will cover a number of the main topics that will be tested as a part of the exam and will highlight resources you should take advantage of to help you prepare.

Where to Start:

• First, you’ll want to check out both the Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin Learning Path as well as the certification overview page.

• First, the learning path page will offer two paid courses you can use as additional study material. This page will also inform you that these course are ideal for someone in their first 6-12 month of being a Cloud Org Admin.

• Next, the certification page will provide you with all of the details you need to know about the exam. One of the most important items to review, the exam topics. Additionally, some of the past certification prep courses have not always been very through as far as helping you prepare for the exam. I would encourage you to check out this course which I believe is included as a part of purchasing your exam, as it is much more detailed.

• The rest of this guide will highlight a number of the additional resources Atlassian recommends reviewing from their documentation. I would recommend following along with the documentation in you test instance as much as possible.

Atlassian Organizations (35-45% of the exam):

Users & Groups (25-35% of the exam):

Admin Roles (10-15% of the exam):

Advanced Features (15-20% of the exam):

Final Thoughts:

In my opinion, if you have the option of taking the exam at a testing center, take advantage of it. I know that not everyone does so here are a few final tips as you get ready for to write the exam.

For both (Testing Center and Online):

• You will have three hours to finish the exam. Take you time and read every question and every answer very carefully.

• You will have the opportunity to flag as many questions as you want to review at the end. Feel free to make good use of this feature. I’m convinced, by going back and thinking again on a few I wasn’t sure of based on other questions I answered later, I was able to get a couple of extra points that would have been incorrect answers.

For Online Only:

• Be sure you have a clear room and desk to take the exam.

• Login and run the pre-check on your system well in advance of having to write the exam to make sure all of your equipment is compatible.

• Login to the exam as soon as you are able to make sure you get past any “day of“ technical difficulties.

21 comments

Comment

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2023

Thank you for sharing this!

Like # people like this
Tom Whittle August 22, 2023

I must say I agree with Jimmy on the if you can attend a test centre do take the exam do it.

For PSI (the company that manages and provides the exams both in person and remote) they stipulate that test centre candidates get access to a pen and paper which for me was invaluable. Of course this depends on where you best perform under pressure, however, after passing ACP-520 yesterday morning I heavily used the pen and paper.

I must say the certification bundle is well worth it as well. Getting the certification voucher and online revision content for $100 USD (at the time of writing) is great and a big motivation to take the exam.

A word of caution as good as the revision courses are they are not a replacement for hands on experience with the products mentioned. Obviously take this with a pinch of salt you don't need to have tweaked every little setting but at least knowing that it exists and having a good understanding of what it does will set you up for success.

Like # people like this
Sabine Mayer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2023

Thank you so much for taking the time to share all this information!! 

Like # people like this
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2023

I passed the exam today and I can confirm everything said in the post by @Jimmy Seddon . What a timely publication!

Some additional insights from me below:

• If you can book a slot at a testing centre, this option is better. Here (another comment of mine) you can read why.
  • Also, make sure you get your hands on the advanced features (clearly noted in the accompanying prep course part of the bundle as of Aug 2023) that are often overlooked, namely IP allowlisting, organization insights, application tunnelling, custom email addresses for Jira notification schemes, etc. A mind map will help you a lot.
  • Atlassian Access questions are part of the exam, so test takers need to know what features are unlocked by this product - without the actual configuration though. Testing products in 2 organizations will help you: 1 org with Access (trial) and 1 org without it.
  • It's also useful to know what features Premium plans of Jira and Confluence unlock for the organization as well.
  • Pay special attention to the concepts of managed and non-managed accounts and everything related to granting and revoking access, and managing users: removing, deleting, deactivating, suspending, restoring, disabling. They're very different and a big part of the exam itself! :)

The bundle (prep course and exam voucher) were the best investment so far in terms of practical value and cost saving. Good luck, everyone!

Like # people like this
marcowells August 23, 2023

This is an awesome guide thank you for putting this together! 

Like # people like this
Sanjen Bariki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2023

Wowww

Thanks for sharing this!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2023

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon Always thorough and great info from you!

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2023

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Txus
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2023

Thank you so much for sharing @Jimmy Seddon . Amazing article!!!

I hope get this certification soon. It's my next step.

Sridhar Gandla September 24, 2023

This is great collection.. I am sure that, this every topic leaning  will give great confidence and ready for exam.

Sarah Rojo September 25, 2023

Thank you for putting this very helpful guide together.

Wouter van den Berg
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2023

Thanks for this @Jimmy Seddon

Manage Groups

The URL for creating and updating groups within your (awesome) list is referencing Jira Cloud, shouldn't this be https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/manage-groups/ where the emphasis is placed on the Admin panel. 

Appreciate all the time and effort for creating this. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2023

Thank you all for the kind words!

@Wouter van den Berg thank you as well for pointing that out.  I have corrected the link.

Like Wouter van den Berg likes this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2023

Thanks for putting this together @Jimmy Seddon . This is one of the items of my to-do list. 

Chris Rainey October 4, 2023

I just finished taking the exam and everything Jimmy said was spot on. This article, along with the referenced Youtube video, was super helpful in preparing for this exam. This was my first Atlassian certification exam and the nerves were going crazy as the time of the exam started approaching but this article was my biggest source of inspiration and confidence that I'd seen in the community. So big thank you to Jimmy for putting this information together for us.

Also, the exam success course was EXTREMELY helpful in preparing for this exam. I was very impressed with the level of detail it went into.

Good luck everyone else preparing to take this exam - you got this!

Like # people like this
Berk Atlasian October 9, 2023

I paid 100 dollars plus tax but not received exam voucher. Only training I am seeing.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2023

@Berk Atlasian I would reach out to: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

There is a specific category for Training and Certification.  They should be able to assist you with locating your exam voucher.

Like Matt Starr likes this
Huw Evans November 6, 2023

I'm not sure if it's like this for all other users, but the supporting PDF ACP-520 Expanded topics looks like it contains hyperlinks in the right column, but on downloading it none of them work for me. 

I just happened to search and find this page which seem to match the resources listed in the PDF. 

Like # people like this
Bharad
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 1, 2024

Thanks for the content and the helpful tips in this post. Using this as a reference, I was able to successfully pass the ACP-520 exam and obtain my certification earlier last week. A few things that I thought were helpful to me:

• I enrolled in both the learning path courses ($39 each).
  • I took a free test ACP-520 Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin Certification Study Set from quizlet (www.quizlet.com). Helped a little.
  • Users and groups were tricky and I scored my lowest there.
  • The exam hints in the learning path give a good idea of the real exam questions.
  • Taking the exam at a center helped avoid distractions.

Good luck to everyone else who is taking them.

Like # people like this
Kay Kalunga Kabwe April 5, 2024

This is great content! I just passed the ACP-520 today! The Content in the Learning Path is spot on!

Also took the the ACP-520 Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin Certification Study Set from quizlet (www.quizlet.com). Really helped re-inforcing the concepts.

Georg Mayer April 11, 2024

Thank you for sharing the links mentioned for the relevant topics! The links in the PDF ( acp-520-exam-topics-and-resources.pdf ) are colored blue like a link, but not working as a link :-) 

Like Marie Kent likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events