Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

✨Evolving the Atlassian Certification Program

77 comments

Comment

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2024

@Kate Yes, this part of the renewals processes that have yet to be announced.

Like # people like this
Ntamen kamogne harry Michel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2024

Hi, @Suzanne Veljanoski 
Since no news regarding the renewal of certificates, skil badges and the Atlassian certified expert course

Like Sakina Baghirova likes this
Mayoori S Mohan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 15, 2024

Kindly inform us about the ACP-100 renewal procedure, as the ABP-220 badge has expired.

Like # people like this
Ree Kent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2024

Hi @Mayoori S Mohan ,

Communications on the new renewal process will be coming in the next few weeks. 

Just a note that your certification will not suspend until October, 2025. 

Thank you!

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2024

October will be here before we know it. At this point, I'm a little concerned about expirations—specifically, not having enough time to prepare if new tests are required.  The skills badges that extended certifications did not require a huge time and cost commitment, but new certs need a lot of time to prepare, and costs can be high, especially if multiple attempts are needed.

Like # people like this
Ree Kent
Atlassian Team
May 16, 2024

Hi @Rob Horan, Tests will be no longer be required as part of the renewal strategy. Instead, renewals will be accomplished by completing courses on Atlassian University and attending Atlassian events. 

The vendor that manages the technical side of executing the logic is working on developing the module with a target roll out date in July. Details about the renewals will be coming in June. We will also provide an exception process if candidates feel they do not have enough time to renew.

I hope that helps and your patience is very much appreciated as the new program rolls out!

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2024

@Ree Kent - that's great!  I'm curious as to how event attendance would work.  Will remote attendance be an option?

Like # people like this
Ree Kent
Atlassian Team
May 17, 2024

Hi @Rob Horan , Yes, that includes remote attendance. 

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2024

Great, thank you @Ree Kent !

Suzanne Veljanoski
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2024

@Ntamen kamogne harry Michel We will be announcing our new program and providing details on how to renew, soon! Please know that at this time, no renewals are required, and your certifications are active and up to date.  Stay tuned! 

Like # people like this
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2024

@Suzanne Veljanoski I got the email from Atlassian to renew my certificate.

I want to extend my "Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator for Data Center ACP-JA ACP-100" but there are no badge exam available?

Any suggestions? Do we need to take the whole exam again?

Ravi

Ree Kent
Atlassian Team
May 23, 2024

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ ,

Can you share when you received the email? The reminder emails have been disabled, so we want to make sure one was not missed. 

Detailed communications on renewals are coming very soon! To renew your Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator for Data Center ACP-JA ACP-100 you can complete courses on Atlassian University and/or attend Atlassian events. Just to confirm, you need to renew this certification before December of this year. 

Thank you!

Like Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ likes this
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2024

This is the email.

---

Dear Ravi Sagar,

Your Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator for Data Center certification is scheduled to become Suspended on Sep 28, 2024, and Expire on Dec 28, 2024.

1. To maintain your Certification, you need to extend it by earning one of the related Badges.
2. You should extend it before it becomes Suspended.
3. You must extend it before the Expiration date, or your Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator for Data Center credential will no longer be recognized. 

You can earn the necessary Badge from home or office.  Visit university.atlassian.com/student/activity/836788-maintain-your-certifications to find out which Badges are available now. 

You can review your certification progress and history by logging into the Certification Portal here: certmetrics.com/atlassian.

Best regards,
Atlassian Certification Team

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2024

@Ree Kent 

To renew your Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator for Data Center ACP-JA ACP-100 you can complete courses on Atlassian University and/or attend Atlassian events. Just to confirm, you need to renew this certification before December of this year. 

So I can complete a free course or attend Atlassian events to renew my certification? Really?

Ree Kent
Atlassian Team
May 23, 2024

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

Can you share when you received the email please? Also, please share the subject line. 

And yes, you are correct; you can complete free courses on Atlassian University or attend Atlassian events to renew your certification. 

Thank you!

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2024

@Ree Kent I received this on 28th Mar. 

How will free courses and attending event extend my certificates? I don't see this information on the certificate portal. Is it implemented already or yet to be announced.

Thanks

Ree Kent
Atlassian Team
May 23, 2024

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

Detailed communications on renewals are coming very soon! The feature to enable the new renewal process is being developed in the CertMetrics Candidate Portal. The planned date of rollout is July.

Thank you!

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2024

Hi Atlassian team,

Like @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ I've received a similar email (on Mar 20th). July/August is the holiday season with less time to prepare for certification extensions. So the quicker the better.

It has always been a hassle to find out which badge extents the ACP. Will the new setup give me a better/easier way to see what is required?

I've noticed the changes in the cert metrics site.  Would it be possible to link the possible extensions in the cert portal? Maybe under 'view more'. That would be really helpful.

image.png

Ree Kent
Atlassian Team
May 28, 2024

Hi @Rudy Holtkamp 

Tests will be no longer be required as part of the renewal strategy. Instead, renewals will be accomplished by completing courses on Atlassian University and attending Atlassian events. 

The vendor that manages the technical side of executing the logic is working on developing the module with a target roll out date in July. Details about the renewals will be coming in June. We will also provide an exception process if candidates feel they do not have enough time to renew.

I hope that helps and your patience is very much appreciated as the new program rolls out!

Like Rudy Holtkamp likes this
Luis Plaza May 29, 2024

Hi @Reed Reed 

will we definitely be able to see the professional accreditations in the University profile associated with our personal Atlassian account?

Only the Sales ones appear to me but not the Delivery ones. I understood that they would be enabled by the mapping of the certifications ( See PSD-83980 )

Thanks

Ree Kent
Atlassian Team
May 29, 2024

Hi @Luis Plaza 

I just want to confirm that I understand your question. Are you asking if your Enablement Academy accreditations will be displayed in Atlassian University?

Luis Plaza May 29, 2024

Hi @Ree Kent 

Exactly, in fact, some appear on my University profile right now ( Sales ) and I thought all the others should have moved ( Operations, Marketing, Technical delivery, etc..).

As I mentioned previously, we saw that a partner had associated accreditations of several former employees, so I opened a case to support   what I saw corrected after the partner Partnership Degree refresh carried out at the beginning of May, I couldn't tell you if after your migrations it has happened again ( Can you take a look for this matter in the ticket PSD-78102,?).

The only way for this not to happen is for personal Atlassian accounts to be the ones that have our accreditations and certifications associated.

Thanks

Ree Kent
Atlassian Team
May 31, 2024

Hi @Luis Plaza ,

I looked into it and as far as I know, there is no current plan to add the channel accreditations in Atlassian University. However, I will share the request as we continue to update the Atlassian University platform.  

Like Luis Plaza likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2024

@Luis Plaza Its my understanding that accreditations are specific to your partner business email address, as you cannot access the enablement academy using a personal address.  You can link your partner work email to your personal address to associate your certs with your partner org, but not the reverse.

Ree Kent
Atlassian Team
June 7, 2024

@Rob Horan , @Rudy Holtkamp  and @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

A post has been created about the renewal program. 

Also, the Maintain your Certification page has been updated with details and FAQs. 

Thanks for your patience!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events