Is there a way I can clone a FEATURE and its children issues from one Next-Gen project to another?

craiglew_vas March 30, 2020

I have a multi-project setup and I want to clone some FEATURES from one Next-Gen project to another Next-Gen Project.  I cannot seem to find any answers on how to do this or if its possible.

2 answers

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 31, 2020

Hi @craiglew_vas ,

If you want to bulk clone between next-gen projects or between next-gen and classic projects you can use our Marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with our support if you have questions or feedback.

0 votes
Hazwan Ariffin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2020

By FEATURES, do you mean an issue with FEATURES issue type? If you want to clone an issue to another project, that is not possible, but you can always clone an issue and then move that cloned issue to the other project.

Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 7.19.03 AM.png

Clicking on clone, would give you the option to clone the subtask/child issues as well. Give it a try!

craiglew_vas March 31, 2020

Hazwan,

Thanks for the quick response.  Yes, FEATURE issue type.  The Next Gen projects seem to not have the feature of copying the children issues like in the classic project, which is how you outlined.  Once I hit Clone and are taken to the next screen, the option to copy sub-tasks are not present.

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 6.01.06 AM.png
Thanks again for the quick response.

Hazwan Ariffin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2020

Whoa. Hmm. Interesting. I was actually able to clone my subtask from a task. See here:

giphy

Like Lucas Degen likes this
craiglew_vas March 31, 2020

Hazwan,

Maybe the difference is that you are using a Sub-task issue type, I am not.  We have Feature, Task and Bug.  Feature being a parent and Task, but are the children types.

Like Bharath likes this

Suggest an answer