How to make keyboard shortcuts work in next-gen?

Deleted user January 21, 2020

I've been using classic projects, and have been quite efficient with navigating boards, assigning labels etc. using keyboard shortcuts. I am now being upgraded to next-gen, and a lot of these shortcuts no longer work there and as a result, Jira is becoming more burdensome to use for me.

Shortcuts I'm missing are:

• Next issue (j)
  • Previous issue (k)
  • Next column (n)
  • Previous column (p)
  • Backlog (1)
  • Edit issue (e)
  • Edit issue labels (l)

I'm using Firefox. Is the issue on my end, and do you have any idea how I can fix this?

If it's simply a matter of missing functionality on next-gen, please register my strong desire for this functionality.

3 answers

1 vote
simon_gatrall March 6, 2020

It's ridiculous that the help from the next gen view shows the keyboard commands, but they don't work. At the very least update the help, but a better solution would be to implement keyboard commands.

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Hi @[deleted]

Here's an answer from November from Atlassian - click here.

In summary, the previously used classic project / classic view keyboard shortcuts are not currently available due to differences in how the issues are displayed using a pop-up modal rather than the previously used in window details pane for issue details.

This shift to the modal pop-up shifts the focus away from the parent issue page to the modal, where the previous layout focuses on the source issue selected, allowing for the keyboard navigation.

There is an open feature request though to enhance this in Next-Gen / the new issue view - see JRACLOUD-71274

Ste

0 votes
Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hi Haakon,

Unfortunately, keyboard shortcuts haven't been implemented on next-gen projects. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events