How to make a ticket visible in one to one particular user in a service management project???

Adebayo Banjo October 6, 2022

Hello House,

I will like to make tickets from a particular category called "Confidential" visible to only the user assigned to it. The name of the service management project is "Sensitive Project" with different categories. But my aim is to make the tickets opened on the category called "Confidential" only readable and viewable  by the person I assign to it without other members of the project having access to it.

How can I go about this??

I already tried assignee list but other members of the project keep seeing the ticket.

Also, how can i set up email notifications for both the sender of the ticket and the assignee?

Thank you

1 answer

3 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2022

Hi @Adebayo Banjo

You need to use issue security levels for this.  Here is the documentation on how you can set it up: Configuring issue-level security | Administering Jira applications Data Center and Server 9.3 | Atlassian Documentation

If you want to send customized notifications you can use jira automation based on specific triggers: (4) Jira Automation: Send Customized Email Notifications when Tickets are due #jira #atlassian #descript - YouTube

Good Luck.

Dina ElMowafy October 6, 2022

Hi @Adebayo Banjo ,

Exactly as @Fabian Lim said, issue security levels would do that.

For the notifications, you can use automation or the notification scheme assigned for this project depending on the event.

Regards,

Adebayo Banjo October 7, 2022

@Fabian Lim  @Dina ElMowafy Thank you both for the response. But I am still not able to set the permission for the category inside the project, instead its just allowing me to configure the issue security level to the whole project itself and not the issues inside the project.Can please help, I attached a screen shot.

Also, for the notifications, the notification scheme has been set to the project but I am not getting any email either as the reporter or assignee.

I will appreciate your help please, this is giving me sleepless night.Screenshot (168).pngScreenshot (167).png

Adebayo Banjo October 7, 2022

@Fabian Lim  @Dina ElMowafy These are the request types in the project and I want the tickets coming to "Sensitive topics" request to just be seen by the assignee and not other members of the project.Screenshot (169).png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events