How to Archive / Export Projects ?

Prof. Dr. Andre Döring January 9, 2020

How can I archive or export projects? I would like to clean our workspace with old stuff, but for documentation issues I would like to keep the old things somewhere.

THX!

1 answer

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 9, 2020

Archiving is not currently available for Jira Cloud, but this is being currently considered by Atlassian.
Here I collected some of the available methods of archiving Jira information including exporting Jira issues and projects (for audit and data retention purposes) on Server and Data Center, but these considerations could also be valid for Jira Cloud.

Thank you! We use the cloud version. Is "Server" == "Cloud"?

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 9, 2020

No, "Server is not == "Cloud", I just meant that the approach could be similar. For example, you can tweak the permissions in both Server or Cloud so some users don't see Jira issues, but those settings will probably be different. Or if you end up exporting your Jira issues to PDF in order to save them in a Document Management system, you can do that with Better PDF Exporter as it's available for both platforms, but the volume of documents or supported custom fields might be different. Hope that make sense.

yes, better pdf works great! THX!

Suggest an answer