How can I change the color of an Epic in Agility Project

Romy Lindenberg October 10, 2018

Hi there,

I would love to change the color of epics for the benefit of overview on the "board" view grouped by adresees - how can I do this? Right now it is only a purple wall ;-)

Thank you & best
Romy

5 answers

2 votes
Joshua Mendoza October 29, 2018

I'm eager to see this feature implemented on Jira. I already upvoted and watched the feature request.

1 vote
Mike Solomon October 12, 2018

@Romy Lindenberg I don't believe that there is a way to do this in Next Gen projects. I can follow @Scott Theus's suggestion for a classic project however the next gen projects seem to lack this functionality.

I would upvote a feature request!

0 votes
Just_a_PM September 8, 2020

why am I forced to log in to read support threads?

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2018

@Mike Solomon, It looks like you are correct...the functionality does not exist for Next-Gen projects.  I've added a suggestion for Atlassian at CONFCLOUD-64328 for you and @Romy Lindenberg.

-Scott

(BTW...if this helps please mark this answer as "accepted" so others can find it easily.) 

Mike Solomon October 12, 2018

@Scott Theus heads up that the feature request that was made looks like a Confluence Cloud request - I would think we would want a Jira Cloud request

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2018

Thanks @Mike Solomon, I've recreated it as JSWCLOUD-17198.

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2018

Hi @Romy Lindenberg,

There is a field called "Epic Color," you can find some documentation on changing it here: https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/epics#EditingorRenaminganEpic-Changingthecolourofanepic

I use these for Scrum and Kanban boards, I haven't tried it with an Agility board. 

There is more information here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-change-Epic-label-colours-in-Kanban-JIRA-Agile-Cloud/qaq-p/207103

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Suggest an answer