Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I automatically export calendar

Tom Berchenbriter February 26, 2019

We want to ingest the calendar from confluence from another app, but it does not have direct access to confluence, so we need a way to periodically export the calendar to ics format. How can I automate this task?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2019

Tom,

By subscribing to your Team Calendar, you'll be kept up-to-date with your calendar. There's no need to automate the task.

Could you let me know what problem you're having if you've already subscribed to the calendar? Let us know what application you're using to subscribe.

Regards,

Shannon

Tom Berchenbriter February 28, 2019

I want to export the calendar from confluence, to a file (ical), so that I can ingest it in another application that can import ical files. I need the "export" to be automated so that we can periodically ingest it into our webapp that is custom. Since the webapp lives outside our corporate network, there is no way for us to communicate with confluence directly.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2019

Tom,

When you click Subscribe on a calendar, the URL it provides you can be used to subscribe to the calendar. You'll automatically receive updates. There's no reason you would need to programatically download it.

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 3.00.22 PM.png

You can see at the bottom it tells you that you should reset the link in case you accidentally share it. This is because it will give you full access to view the calendar events. This is beneficial for you because your application doesn't need to login to Confluence in order to read the events from the calendar.

Can you tell me if you've tried that and if you're running into any errors when using the subscription URL?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events