Team Calendar not showing all events

We are creating a calendar based on a JQL expression to pull in JIRA issues. When viewing the calendar, a message is displayed on the top of the screen stating that some events were not shown in the calendar below because there are too of them.

How many are too many?

How can we view all events?

CalendarMessage.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hey JT, 

From this KB article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/'Some+events+were+not+shown+in+the+calendars+below+because+there+were+too+many+of+them'+error+in+Team+Calendar

By default, it's 200 events per calendar. Note that this limit applies to all events in one calendar, and not just the events that are displayed on screen.

For the resolution of this one and also how to get more events, we would need to add the "com.atlassian.confluence.extra.calendar3.display.events.calendar.maxpercalendar" system property for the JAVA_OPTS of Confluence regarding the number of events that you want to display. Through the linked article, you can get more details on how to do it. smile

Hope it helps you, JT!

Regards, 

Giuliano T.

Confluence/Crowd Support

Giuliano, I found the KB article and have made the change in my testing env. I am trying to find out what, if any, performance impact there is for changing this default setting. I realize that loading a calendar with more events may take longer, but are there any other performance impacts I should know about?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,130 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot