Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing tasks under epic on Confluence Calendar

Daniel Brvnišťan October 30, 2018

I have created a calendar with JIRA issue filters.

My business users would like the see campaigns (=Epics in JIRA) and under them the tasks (=various types of issues in JIRA).

The calendar doesn't represent the JIRA hierarchical structure in any way, it just tries to fit as many issues in the given space as possible.

I would like to have something like swimmlanes on kanban board, the swimmlanes being the epics.

Any idea how to achieve this?

Thanks,
Daniel

1 answer

0 votes
Lizzie_Rogers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2018

Sounds like you're talking about the JIRA Dashboard calendar plugin/gadget as opposed to the Confluence Team Calendar.

The calendar gadget is designed to show a set of issues based on a date field, therefore it's not designed to showcase hierarchy of tickets.  I'd recommend having one calendar with just epics and another with tasks.

Daniel Brvnišťan October 31, 2018

Hi Lizzie,

I was trying to set it up in Confluence Team Calendar.

Would it be possible in JIRA Dashboard calendar plugin/gadget then?

Having two separate calendars doesn't match the requirement - seeing the campaing epic with it's tasks :(

Thanks,
Daniel

Lizzie_Rogers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2018

Hmmm I've never seen the Confluence Team Calendar used for JIRA issues, we use it for team events and meetings, etc. 

And like I said earlier, the JIRA dashboard calendar gadget is based around a date field, so not sure how to show heirarchy in that. 

Daniel Brvnišťan October 31, 2018

We combine both in it - it has a configurable JIRA filter event type:

Calendar.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events