Self Intro

Deleted user January 11, 2021

Hello All,

I just joined the group; looking to collaborate and share learnings on JIRA, specifically on the Advanced Roadmaps which I find very fascinating.  

If there are any experts, I would like to seek your help. 

2 comments

Comment

John Mustac January 11, 2021

Welcome Reshmi,

I'm sure you will find the Sydney group valuable :) I see you have posted some items so stay tuned.

Cheers

john 

Like # people like this
Chrissy Clements January 11, 2021

Hey Reshmi, 

I'm not an expert by any means, but I've been dabbling - it's pretty cool!  The advanced roadmap top-level planning view will be our collaboration tool of choice for BRP, and subsequent sprint capacity planning view, well for sprint capacity planning :) 

Let me know how far along you are in your journey and whether I can help.

Best, 

Chrissy

Like # people like this

Hey Chrissy,

Glad to hear from you. 

I was looking to have a high level summary at the initiative level (eg: Initiative name, Due date, RAG status, % completion etc.

1. I tried creating a dashboard however, the due date appears only wherever its manually entered in the Advanced roadmaps; but not where the dates were rolling up from EPICs.

2. Also wondering whether there is a way to get the % completion at initiative level auto populate into the Advanced roadmap/plan.

Chrissy Clements January 11, 2021
  1. I'm not 100% certain on this one.  I know you can manually set dates or drag and drop the schedule bar, and I've seen the due date surfaced when the epics are in Sprints - what is your date configuration in the roadmap setting?  Is it the target date or the start date?
    Perhaps this is a question for the wider brains trust :)
  2. Use the progress field in the roadmap.  It will place a progress bar at the initiative level which when clicked pops up a % completed modal. 
Like Deleted user likes this

Hey Chrissy,

I am using start date and due date. Will reach out to the support team. 

Regarding the progress fields, adding the progress (issue count) helps to get a graphical view, however, was wanting to see a % itself against all initiatives, without having to mouse hover, but seems like there is no option. However, for now, this helps. 

Thank you very much, Chrissy. Really appreciate your assistance. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events