Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stride code formatting - can we get word wrap?

winterhalder February 25, 2018

I'm looking for something similar to /code in HipChat.

I've tried the three-back-quote mark-down - but that doesn't word-wrap it seems - so long lines just get cut off!

Can we get that fixed - like ASAP?

Paul.

2 answers

2 votes
winterhalder May 24, 2018

I'd really like to see a fix for this. Stride is a communications app - and I like to dock it to the side of the screen while I do other work - which means it doesn't have the *width* necessary to display code if word-wrapping isn't happening.

I honestly think non-word-wrap is absolutely the wrong choice. But I'd be fine if word-wrapping were an option that we have to choose.

Lets remember that Stride, and all Atlassian tools really, are for *developers*. We need to see the code! :)

Paul.

1 vote
Mippy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2018

Paul,

I understand that when you use the three-back-tick mark-down (```) to make a code block you see that long strings of code get cut off in the message window.  When you resize the window, do you find that the 'cut off' point increases? Another thing you can try is to highlight the string and follow it to the end.  Doing this should reveal a scroll bar at the bottom and allow you to view the fully intact code string.

Brian Arita May 21, 2018

Is there a reason the original behavior not preserved? It seems like this would be perfect as a user/room setting since I would also like to have word wrap on my code blocks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events