Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sourcetree won't start windows

greg_fox April 28, 2014

Hi,

As of today, my SourceTree 1.5.2 won't load. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and still won't work.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks...

8 answers

4 votes
Ciaran Fontein August 30, 2016

If repairing the NET framework did not work try deleting the Atlassian folder inside the hidden AppData folder. It worked for me.

Husnain Ali April 21, 2017

It worked for me.

Nikolaj Kuntner July 6, 2017

Yes, this worked, thank you!

Deleting the SourceTree related folders in C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Atlassian is what I did. The Attlassian folder also contrained other stuff.

2 votes
myco owner June 3, 2014

I'm getting the same problem, but the AppData\Local folder doesn't contain a Atlassian folder.

Uninstalling and reinstalling, or repairing doesn't fix the issue either.

1 vote
myco owner June 19, 2014

So, I found a solution to my situation.

I had to repair my .Net Framework 4.5 installation. Just Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program, then find Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1, click Uninstall/Change, then choose to Repair.

After doing that I was able to get mine working. Best of luck.

Dan Hennion June 19, 2014

Thanks for the tip! Glad people are finding their answers to this issue despite Atlassian employees not being of much help on it (there are a few other threads with windows launch issues that haven't been addressed very well). Unfortunately this didn't work for me, so I'll keep searching.

0 votes
Prabhu Vinod March 7, 2016

Check the list of installed programs in control panel. If multiple versions of source tree are installed, then uninstall all and install the latest version. That's all.

0 votes
ex-jedi March 30, 2015

Some others have suggested it's a temp files issue. So I Ran CCleaner and that solved it for me.

0 votes
Dan Hennion June 18, 2014

Sounds like the issue I'm having here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/304320/crash-on-launch-windows-7

Sadly, no solution yet. Very disappointing.

0 votes
greg_fox April 28, 2014

The last date in the log file is 4-21. That was the last time I used SourceTree. So, it looks like it not even getting to that point.

Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

Hm, maybe just try to delete/rename the whole SourceTree folder within the AppData. But note, this will propably delete all your configuration.

greg_fox April 29, 2014

Tried that already. No go...

0 votes
Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

There should be a log file under %AppData%\..\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events