sourcetree won't start windows

Hi,

As of today, my SourceTree 1.5.2 won't load. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and still won't work.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks...

8 answers

If repairing the NET framework did not work try deleting the Atlassian folder inside the hidden AppData folder. It worked for me.

It worked for me.

Yes, this worked, thank you!

Deleting the SourceTree related folders in C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Atlassian is what I did. The Attlassian folder also contrained other stuff.

I'm getting the same problem, but the AppData\Local folder doesn't contain a Atlassian folder.

Uninstalling and reinstalling, or repairing doesn't fix the issue either.

So, I found a solution to my situation.

I had to repair my .Net Framework 4.5 installation. Just Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program, then find Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1, click Uninstall/Change, then choose to Repair.

After doing that I was able to get mine working. Best of luck.

Thanks for the tip! Glad people are finding their answers to this issue despite Atlassian employees not being of much help on it (there are a few other threads with windows launch issues that haven't been addressed very well). Unfortunately this didn't work for me, so I'll keep searching.

There should be a log file under %AppData%\..\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree

The last date in the log file is 4-21. That was the last time I used SourceTree. So, it looks like it not even getting to that point.

Hm, maybe just try to delete/rename the whole SourceTree folder within the AppData. But note, this will propably delete all your configuration.

Tried that already. No go...

Sounds like the issue I'm having here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/304320/crash-on-launch-windows-7

Sadly, no solution yet. Very disappointing.

Some others have suggested it's a temp files issue. So I Ran CCleaner and that solved it for me.

Check the list of installed programs in control panel. If multiple versions of source tree are installed, then uninstall all and install the latest version. That's all.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

273 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot