Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i got "hg status' failed with code 127:'env: python: No such file or directory '" message when starting source tree

away4m November 9, 2012

i delete default python installation from mountain lion and install python 2.3 via brew.But i can't use sourcetree again.python seems work ok with command line.

Edit:i mistyped 2.3 here i actually install 2.7.3 via brew but it's okay.i fix this problem via removing PATH variable from .bash_profile. (PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/share/python)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Why did you delete the default install? You can have more than one version of Python installed and switch between them with environment variables / aliases.

We do not support Python 2.3, it's far too old. Python 2.6 is the minimum we've tested with (this came with Snow Leopard), Mountain Lion (and Lion) comes with 2.7.

Mac OS X GUI apps do not inherit your terminal configuration, that's why SourceTree can't see your custom Python - environment variables and the PATH are set completely differently (such as /etc/paths). But as I say, we wouldn't support using 2.3 anyway.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events