Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is "Enable GPG key signing for commit" is greyed out?

Jason Atwood October 30, 2016

Pretty straight forward. Why is this checkbox greyed out?Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 5.00.28 PM.png

3 answers

4 votes
Joe Lazaro February 22, 2018

I had this problem after I had installed gpg through Homebrew first, and then uninstalled it to use MacGPG instead.

I solved it by going to Sourcetree > Preferences > Advanced, then for GPG Program I clicked Browse and selected /usr/local/MacGPG2/bin. After that, I was able to enable GPG signing on a repository.

Deleted user June 19, 2018

I was able to make it work with Homebrew. You need to create a symlink gpg2 -> gpg under `/usr/local/bin` and after that you can select `/usr/local/bin` as GPG Program path under Sourcetree -> Preferences -> Advanced

Like # people like this
jernej oblak May 23, 2019

Can you elaborate? I dont see any gpg2  so where did you use your symlink?

Randall Kent April 4, 2021

You can create the symlink pointing `gpg2` to `gpg` with the command below:

ln -s /usr/local/bin/gpg /usr/local/bin/gpg2

Once that is in place, you can set `/usr/local/bin` as the GPG Program Path under Sourcetree -> Preferences -> Advanced

Diego De Wilde June 2, 2021

You may need to press Command+Shift+Dot to show hidden files.

0 votes
Ryan Knell June 27, 2017

Turns out I had installed GPG tools, it said it had a key in the control panel thingy so I figured it was cool beans... but it turns out I didn't have a private key yet. So I clicked new, entered a password, jigged my mouse and keyboard some and it all came good.

Obvious. Yes.

Levi Blackstone August 11, 2017

I already had a private key generated, but I had to restart SourceTree for it to pick up that change. Worked fine after that.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016
Jason Atwood October 31, 2016

I did. Do I have to update the GPG Program in my settings to point to GPG Tools?

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 2.30.56 PM.png

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

Possibly. Did you install the tools to a different location?

Jason Atwood October 31, 2016

I picked the default location. Looks like it put it in my Applications dir.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events