Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can feedback on source tree be provided?

richardlalancette April 29, 2014

Can someone point me to the best place to provide overall feedback to source tree application?

I don't want to start opening bug or improvement request one by one.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
richardlalancette May 6, 2014

Thanks all. Seems no simple way to provide one post as feedback.

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

Someone else used their time to post some bug reports with the latest version. If these line up with your complaints, vote them up. It'll only take a few seconds.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/289308/how-do-i-get-the-file-tree-back/289826

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

I don't think there is a generic feedback area. Also, it is much more productive to find and vote for existing bug/feature requests on jira.atlassian.comthan to create your own.

For example, if you don't like the new file list on SourceTree 1.9.0 for Mac, vote for this bug.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2014

I completely understand that. But I suspect Atlassian would welcome any feedback, and appreciate a write up of maybe even just the one biggest problem you've run into (that you'd expect other people to hit)

0 votes
richardlalancette April 29, 2014

I understand, but I do not wish to open individual problems encountered, there are too many.

I'll just end up not providing feedback due to lack of time :(

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2014

It is pretty much done via Jira.atlassian.com- stuff elsewhere won't necessarily be read by Atlassian. You could publish blogs and ask them to have a look, but eventually, even the best of ideas is going to end up in their Jira.

You could be a bit cheeky and simply log the whole thing as one request, and let them break it down, or be a bit more nice and break it up into related chunks.

However, I really wouldn't recommend that, as it's shifting work on to the product team, and when it's been done to me, the temptation to just go "meh, you can't be bothered to break it up, I can't be bothered to read it" is quite strong. If you've got specific things that you are certain discrete changes, take them out. If you've got an area of concern but aren't sure how to break it up in a way that makes sense as single actions, that's when it's ok (ish) to write a block, and by implication, ask the product manager to think it through

My apologies to Atlassian - I should have said that it's not a good idea to brain-dump everything in one go into an issue tracker.

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2014

Please always break them into their necessary parts, it makes it very difficult for us to track issues, and we end up having to do the extra work to manage the issues. We mark an issue as fixed when the subject matter has been dealt with, which should be atomic. It basically causes issues to get lost somewhere to the detriment of the user reporting it.

Cheers!

Adrian von Gegerfelt May 6, 2014

I can not log in to Atlassin's JIRA. Where do I post a bug about that?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2014

You can't. You'll need to reset your password, or create a new account.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2014

I ended up with about seven atlassian IDs and a very confused browser, it may be that you've got two accounts. Try clearing the browser cache and then logging into Jira again.

That's weird, since it's supposed to use Atlassin ID, the same I'm using here.

Also, I can log in to this https://confluence.atlassian.com, but not this https://jira.atlassian.com

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2014

hmm. Atlassian sorted out my accounts on the back of an email, but I'm not sure I remember where I sent it. Probably to sales-at-atlassian-dot-com with an apology for not knowing if that was the right place (I'm English, we start everything with an apology)

Hehe, I'll do that. I tried tweeting, but they asked me to go to their support site which I can't log in to!

(nor do I know which product I should file the bug for)

Thanks for helping out. I already tried in a different browser, but did as you said.

No dice. I log in, the page refreshes... back to the page I have yet to log in to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events