Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to register for SourceTree licenses as an enterprise?

Cathy Sanders May 5, 2013

We generally make software available to our developers as a standardized install and hadle the licensing for them. With SourceTree, the software is free, but you are required to register it. What is the recommended way of doing this so that each individual developer does not need to register their install of SourceTree? Is it acceptable to register once with the company listed as the user and just have all developers import that license file?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

This Q seems to have been closed - just in case that was by mistake I'll post an answer here instead: you can register SourceTree once with a corporate email address and use the same license everywhere. To get that license on a new machine you can either register each one by typing the user/password in the online registration (this will retrieve your license automatically), or you can obtain the license file and copy it between machines. The license file is 'sourcetree.license', and is stored in ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree on Mac and %USERHOME%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree on Windows.

Deleted user December 7, 2015

I have seen your comment, and would like to follow it. This is what I have found (and which I don't understand yet). These are the questions when doing https://id.atlassian.com/signup?application=mac&continue=https://my.atlassian.com/license/sourcetree (and don't ask me why the URL contains as application `mac`): * We would like to register a corporate user. Should that be a "system user" (like a functional mail box), and what is the name in the registration then? * Or may I use instead e.g. my corporate email address? Am I able then to give that license file free to other corporate users then? * What will be visible when other users use my license file then?

Gerhard Wallraf March 14, 2016

Same problem here. We are rolling out SourceTree by centralised installation using the copied license file as suggested by Steve above. Due to your new licensing model, our users would get pop-ups asking them to register at Atlassian individually.

Is there still a possibility to use a company license? If yes, what are the needed steps to use such a license?
Steve: Your reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks and BR,
Gerhard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events