Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the red ! mark on the Remote Icon in the menu bar mean?

regnadkcin April 30, 2020

Is ST I am seeing two confusing notations:

1) A red ! on the Remote icon on the right end of the menu bar. Tried logging in to the remote--worked fine but the ! is still there. I assume it means I need to attend to something. But what?

2) A (1 with an up arrow) floating under BRANCHES (looks like a misplaced Push Needed icon).

I attached a screenshot showing both. What are are they and how do I clear them? 

st_ui_notations_what_are_they.jpg

I'd appreciate any guidance. Been using (struggling?) with ST for over a year now; these are appearing in version 3.3.4 now. 

Also, for what it is worth, ST no longer notifies me that I need to do a pull when someone commits changes to our remote in GitHub Enterprise.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
regnadkcin May 4, 2020

Follow up--I believe the reason I was no longer seeing the push/pull indicators was my local master was not tracking the remote. As soon as I restored tracking, I got the indicators back. I still don't know what to do with the red exclamation mark on the Remote icon.

Rinee_Bhattacharya May 8, 2020

I have the same issue with the red exclamation mark on the Remote icon everytime I launch Sourcetree thus preventing Pushing into remote repository

I found a work around,

Click on Settings : launches Remote Settings

Under Remote tab > Select the Remote repository paths and click Edit: launches Remote Details

Click OK on Remote Details

and again Click OK on Remote Settings

I find the red exclamation disappears letting and establishes connection to Bitbucket properly.

It would be good to know why it behaves this way and what is a permanent solution to it though.

Like # people like this
BevP May 11, 2020

Thanks for the tip.  I tried this however I still have the ! on the Remote icon.  If i get it resolved I will post an update.

image.png

Andritch Arthur August 28, 2020

Going down the path that Rinee_Bhattacharya mentioned led me to what I think the real issue was for me. I noticed that the "Remote Account" setting was set to some "Generic Account". Switching this to the correct remote account fixed this for me.

Not sure if it's a bug that defaults it incorrectly when pulling in the repo. Hope that helps.

GenericHost.PNG

Like # people like this
Dom Howard September 30, 2020

Thanks, this fixed it for me too

Ricardo Vinicio Romero Chasipanta February 11, 2021

Thanks for the hint. It worked for me

1 vote
BevP May 4, 2020

I have the same question about the '!'.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders