Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to Sourcetree 4.2.4 -> 4.2.5 fails on Mac - public key shipped with the update doesn't match

Tommo September 27, 2023

I opened Sourcetree and it notified me that there was a new update.

I'm on version 4.2.4 and the update is for 4.2.5. However nothing appears in the Sourcetree logs folder.

Reading the forums I opened Console and saw some relevant lines that would indicate why the update would fail: "public key shipped with the update doesn't match".

DSA signature verification failed: Error Domain=Internal CSSM error Code=-2147415733 "Internal error #8001094b at VerifyTransform_block_invoke /AppleInternal/Library/BuildRoots/8ca92091-1d5a-11ee-a938-46d450270006/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/Security/OSX/libsecurity_transform/lib/SecSignVerifyTransform.c:594" UserInfo={NSDescription=Internal error #8001094b at VerifyTransform_block_invoke /AppleInternal/Library/BuildRoots/8ca92091-1d5a-11ee-a938-46d450270006/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/Security/OSX/libsecurity_transform/lib/SecSignVerifyTransform.c:594}
The update has a public (Ed)DSA key, but the public key shipped with the update doesn't match the signature. To prevent future problems, the update will be rejected.
Error: An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again later. The update is improperly signed. (URL (null))

Console.pngerror.pngupdate.png Interestingly the release says 3 Oct 2023, but that's 5 days away. Anything to do?

6 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Pikachu EXE
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 30, 2023

https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/ga/Sourcetree_4.2.5_259.zip

If you can't wait like me you can use above URL

I figured it out observing URL pattern in https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download-archives

Mike Figueroa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 2, 2023

Works for me. Thanks!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tommo October 4, 2023

I was able to update finally. It just worked on Oct. 5. After trying the update every morning, finally this morning I didn't see the error and it installed fine. (I just used the Sourcetree update process, not the re-install method).

1 vote
Ken Wong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 30, 2023

Same here. I remember this issue happened in last 1 or 2 updates as well, Atlassian is just unbelievable.

0 votes
chris_columbian November 30, 2023

Working for me on MacOS 12.6.3 - what version are you running?

0 votes
Levan Kekelidze September 29, 2023

Same issue when trying to update my current version of SourceTree 4.2.4 to the latest reported version 4.2.5 using in-app update mechanism.

0 votes
adamfehnel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 29, 2023

Same issue here, watching for updates.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events