It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to load Sourcetree 2.3.1 on my development PC. The older version is needed to be compatible w

My development PC has Windows 10 LTSB and is not compatible with the newer .NET framework (4.7.2). I'm trying to install Sourcetree 2.3.1, which is compatible with .NET framework 4.6.2, which I have. Installation starts but when asked to use and existing account or "Go To My Atlassian" it gives a blank screen for "use an existing account" If I select "Go To My Atlassian" I get a screen showing my licenses but I cannot proceed with the installation. Please help ASAP. This has caused a 4-day delay on our project. Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
bgannin Atlassian Team Apr 24, 2019

Hi @Patrick T. Capwell,

Unfortunately we had to disable the registration methods used by prior Sourcetree releases with the 3.0 release. The licenses on "My Atlassian" are deprecated as well, they existed for the 1.x timeframe. The only solution is to be on a system with .NET 4.7.2 and to use the most recent update to ST as well to ensure you've got the latest features, bug and security fixes. Our sincerest apologies for the interruption to your workflow.

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree 

0 votes
Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Apr 25, 2019

Hello! It looks like .NET 4.7.2 does work with the Win10 1607 LTSB release.

Would it be possible to get your admin to allow the update?

Thanks!

Update not needed. After hours of not hearing anything back from Atlassian and searching endlessly for a phone number to call, I found the answer in an Atlassian Community post about copying the accounts.json and password files into the Sourcetree folder.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,907 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you