Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load Sourcetree 2.3.1 on my development PC. The older version is needed to be compatible w

Patrick T. Capwell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2019

My development PC has Windows 10 LTSB and is not compatible with the newer .NET framework (4.7.2). I'm trying to install Sourcetree 2.3.1, which is compatible with .NET framework 4.6.2, which I have. Installation starts but when asked to use and existing account or "Go To My Atlassian" it gives a blank screen for "use an existing account" If I select "Go To My Atlassian" I get a screen showing my licenses but I cannot proceed with the installation. Please help ASAP. This has caused a 4-day delay on our project. Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2019

Hello! It looks like .NET 4.7.2 does work with the Win10 1607 LTSB release.

Would it be possible to get your admin to allow the update?

Thanks!

Patrick T. Capwell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2019

Update not needed. After hours of not hearing anything back from Atlassian and searching endlessly for a phone number to call, I found the answer in an Atlassian Community post about copying the accounts.json and password files into the Sourcetree folder.

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2019

Hi @Patrick T. Capwell,

Unfortunately we had to disable the registration methods used by prior Sourcetree releases with the 3.0 release. The licenses on "My Atlassian" are deprecated as well, they existed for the 1.x timeframe. The only solution is to be on a system with .NET 4.7.2 and to use the most recent update to ST as well to ensure you've got the latest features, bug and security fixes. Our sincerest apologies for the interruption to your workflow.

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events