Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Create Remote Repo Or Authenticate to Bitbucket (No workspace with identifier xxx)

paul_nainc March 12, 2022

I changed my username on Bitbucket and after doing so I updated my authentication settings in Sourcetree.  Now when it try and create a new repo I get the error "No workspace with identifier 'username'. (my new username).  I tried creating the remote repo and linking it to the local repo and when i try and authenticate in SourcreTree if fails just saying "Login failed".

I tried creating a new workspace with a new repo and linking that and although it creates the origin without any errors, when I try and push I get the Login failed message after entering my credentials, which I know for sure I'm entering correctly.

I have a valid Oauth token showing in Authentication and when I select "Create repo on account" it shows the account in the drop down, and I get the list of owners after selecting it.  But clicking on Create results in the first error above.

I regret changing my Bitbucket username now, but I could use some help on sorting out this mess.  I didn't expect to have this kind of trouble.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
paul_nainc March 19, 2022

Reinstalled SourceTree, problem solved.

0 votes
paul_nainc March 12, 2022

The above post went under my old username (paul_nainc)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events